View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
jtown82
Base Member

Drives: 09 chicane yellow Z
jtown82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresfr View Post
Decent day at the track with my completely stock 370Z automatic. The temp in Fontana was hotter than I thought it would be today at about 80 degrees. The bite was fair but not great.

I was happy to get a solid baseline with my 7AT while it was completely stock.

13.3 @ 105 - 2.08 60 foot

13.4 @ 106 - 2.10 60 foot

If the temp was 70 degrees when I made my best pass I think my car would have reached its maximum potential which I feel would be.

13.2 @ 107 - 2.00 60 foot

I feel good about the 370 because my friend who went with me who has a lot a drag race experience has a 2010 SS Camaro Auto with intake and exhaust and he ran a 13.5 @ 105 with a solid 60 foot 2 passes in a row. There was another SS Camaro and it also ran 13.4 at 106. Another 370Z went to the track with us that was a Manual Transmission with berk Exhaust and High Flow Cats ran 13.5 @ 104 but the printer messed up and did not print his time slip. He did have another run 13.7 at 103 that printed but his 60 foot on that pass was 2.29 which is a little high. The other manual 370Z with intake, exhaust, HFC in our group had traction and shifting issues and never put down a solid run.

I am installing a CBE at Amplified on Tuesday but I think I will stop there until there is a really good tune which may not come around for many months. It seems air mods especially on warm days don't make these cars faster and when you add long staging lines and warm weather may even slow them down. I also wonder if one air mod equals 15HP 7TQ and 2 air mods equal 18hp with a loss of torque.

Overall the Z did not disappoint
they will never Hurt your performance because of heat unless you got some pos brand that actually is worse than stock. in terms of losing TQ i think its been shown by Dynos even with intake/headers/HFC there is no loss in TQ.

now something that will hurt your performance no matter what you have done is running on a car that is heat soaked from multiple runs/ long staging lines or like say driving to the dragstrip waiting 10 minutes and thinking your car has cooled off and running it. only way to beat that is to pop the hood and sit a good 30-40 min if not a solid hour and just watch and enjoy the others running. if your gonna drag race alot invest in an electric fan. they are very nice to have on those hot summer days at the strip. ESP on those long stage lines.

imo those were some crappy times for the maro SS's though i havent seen to many Auto's run. do you know what the DA was?
jtown82 is offline   Reply With Quote