View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #39 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Which intakes are chromed?? Do you mean polished?? please tell me I'm understanding your post incorrectly and you mean chromed...

Stillen intake is polished...not chrome....as are almost all other "shiny" ones in the market. Chrome intakes = ghetto fabulous.

Anyway, nice to see KN jump into the mix, they had awesome intakes for the STI. As most have said and someone tested, the claimed hp gains are probably bogus....
I meant chromed not polished. The only picture I remember seeing of a Stillen G3 was one where the piping appeared in the picture to be chromed.

One particular manufacturer that I know makes chromed plated intake piping is MAC and this was the cullprit I had used on the Stang I referred to where the chroming made the piping get streaming hot.

Word of caution...don't read my OP response with any idea that I was targeting the G3 because I wasn't. The points I made about what any CAI is materially composed of is completely valid despite the apparent admission that the G3's are polished and NOT chromed.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote