View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #110 (permalink)
Outrun
Base Member

Drives: A blue one
Outrun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkaeon View Post
Hey all, I was looking at ordering this bad boy in the next day or so to have it here and ready for the track by next weekend! My only cause for concern is where does this stand with potentially voiding the dealer warranty? I've only had the car for a few weeks now but I got a 6 year warranty on my car that I'd kinda like to keep. So Im looking for simple effective mods to do to my car for now that will keep my warranty in tact but still provide considerable power gains and lots of fun!

Looking forward to feed back, thanks in advance!

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A dealer cannot deny warranty simply because you have changed a part. Basically, a dealer has to honor the warranty unless they can prove the part you changed caused the fault. e.g. altering your wheels & tires should not effect a warranty claim on the a/c. This sounds straightforward but often things fall into a gray area. For example, supercharging the engine and then trying to warranty a transmission failure. Did the transmission fail because of the extra engine power? Much depends on the relationship with your dealer.
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote