View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
nuTinmuch
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PG 7AT 370Z
nuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
I think most of it has to do with the brand, and the material quality is much better than what I'd get at Walmart. However, I doubt the material quality would justify the actual cost passed down to consumers as well. The crap at Walmart is paper thin like cellophane wrap, scratches, and gets hazy after cleaning it a few times.
This this this this.

I was totally with you on the price, Matt. Me and my dad used to go out jet skiing though and when you are going fast on the water you need something over your eyes or they water like crazy. Oakley was the only company that made sunglasses that fit to my face perfectly while preventing most wind from hitting my eyes, so I had to bite the bullet and drop $150.

That was 8 years ago and I still have that pair. Up until recently I wore them every sunny day (nothing is wrong with my old set, I just wanted to buy a more mature looking frame). I don't have a picture of them, but they don't have a single scratch on either the frame or glasses.

Not only that but Oakley's lenses are beautiful to look through. They don't obstruct your view and even the colored ones have excellent clarity over distance.

Yes, it is true that they have some expensive frames thanks to their name being associated with style or w/e but trust me -- their price is backed up by quality.