View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
So what you are saying is that the Stillen G3 CAI would be a lot better with rubber piping instead of chrome? WOW
Well I think the majority of the piping of the G3 piping lies outside the engine bay doesn't it? Any portion of the piping lying inside the engine bay will be subject to heat however. Remember I stated that there would be some amount of temperature raising from inside piping that would offset some amount of temperature lowering that occurs from the outside piping. Overall the G3 would and appears to still produce a performance gain because the lowering in temperature exceeds the raising in temperature degrees so the final temperature being measured at the MAF is still an oveerall net lowering.

There is a problem with using all rubber however that I failed to say in my first posting. And that is the coefficient of friction is greater for rubber than metal. So the "fluid" air flow running through the rubber pipe will be slower than in metal pipe. However the air temperatures in a rubber pipe will be maintained to be much lower than in metal pipe.

This speaks directly to my exact point I am making when I said there are alot of dynamics going on regarding the air flow and temperature and that it isn't just a simple straight matter of fact when comparing CAI kits.

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 05-01-2010 at 01:20 PM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote