View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mercennarius
Base Member

Drives: Nissan
Mercennarius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krept View Post
Has anybody else tried to trade in their Z? I have a 2009 Base w. Sport 6MT with 10,600 miles in excellent condition. I was at an Infiniti dealer in VA and initially got offered 21k for my car!! I was insulted and they then offered me 1500 more...and this was for "excellent" condition according to them too. Blue book value is 26,900 in good condition. I know its hard to get blue book value for a trade but seriously, lowballed almost 6k!? Has anybody else had experiences trading in their Z or does anybody know any dealers in NoVa. that actually give blue book value or close to? Thanks.
Have you not traded a car in before? Having worked in the car business for a short period I can tell you this is normal. Dealers NEVER offer bluebook for a car, they offer the lowest price a car similar to yours fetched at auction recently. If your cars bluebook is $30,000, and they pull up in their system that one like yours sold at an auction for $24,000 they'll offer you $22,000 and see if you take it. If not they will work there way up to the $24,000. Your never going to come out ahead or even close to even when you trade in a car....ESPECIALLY a relatively new car.
Mercennarius is offline   Reply With Quote