View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
buddahson
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z, 07 R6
buddahson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd77 View Post
I find this extremely interesting. I'm thinking about looking for a used 2009 Z rather than buying new and I'm looking for base + sport + MT. I found 2 of them within a reasonable distance from me. One was yellow with 13,100 miles and the dealer was asking 30,600 for it and the lowest they would go is 30k even. Had several small chips on the hood and needed new tires. I pretty much laughed and walked away. Found the other one on the internet and it was silver with 11k miles. Didn't really inquire further but they wanted over 30k for that one too.

Is it just me or are those prices way too high? I could use VPP pricing and get a 2010 for that much.

Given the economy I would probably be willing to pay 25-26k for a used base + sport and if 21-22k is really what they are giving for trade, then 25-26 should more than reasonable to pay used.

I just bought my 2009 6my base + sport a few weeks ago used. It had 2700 miles on it and the dealer was asking 32k for it. The car was 5 hours away so I spoke to them on the phone. Initially I thought it was a sport + touring and I got them down to 28,500 and was considering it. After looking at the pictures I realised it was not a touring and talked them down to 27k. They had thought it was a touring as well so thats why the price was initially inflated. I feel I got a great deal because prices in the denver tend to be a few thousand more than other areas. I think its due to the fact that there are so few RWD cars here. I say keep looking, anything under 28k for a used base + sport 6mt is worth considering.
buddahson is offline   Reply With Quote