View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreZ Cadena View Post
I had a horrible experience today. Gears grinded while shifting from 1st to 2nd at redline, not my mistake. I never grinded gears in my ownership of my 350. Im a little worried, the car shows no signs of damage, but I havent shifted at redline since then. I will try it later tonight probably.
Yes, I've done this too. At least 10 times (only 1st to 2nd, and only at close to redline) It pisses me off every time it has happened. Now I've owned over 10 cars in the last 15 years, all manual transmission, and some with more power then the 370z, this was never a big issue. Occasionally I would miss a shift, but I never had to focus like I do with the 370z 6MT. It really takes the fun out of driving the 370z. Don't get me wrong, I still love the car for many other reasons, but there really needs to be some kind of solution for this.

One thing I'd like to ad, is that I installed the Nismo alloy shift knob, I can only think that this has made the problem worse. I know others have had the issue even with the stock knob, but the Nismo is shorter and lighter, which doesn't help to get it into gear. (it sure looks good though)
Im going to change this out as soon as I find one that I like, just a little taller and something with a steel or heavy insert that will help ease it into gear. I'm sure this isn't the cure all, but it can't hurt. There probably needs to be some type of linkage or shift kit upgrade inside the tranny to really solve the problem.
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote