View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Too much weight on the front wheels, too much motor? How did you guys wind up getting the gig?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alefcole View Post
This is my opinion on the lexus LFA. Think about an ISF and multiply it by 10, get inside an M3 and multiply it by 8 or get inside a current generation Porsche 911 turbo and multiply it by 3. Thats how crazy it feels in the track. I have never been inside a Ferrari or Lambo to know how does it compare against those mean machines. I am anxiously waiting for top gear to drive this car.

I was one of the lucky ones selected for this. A hot lap inside the lexus LFA (the only one in North America) being driven by Scott Pruett.

This is the best that I can describe the experience, the grip is unbelievable, the power is in the limit of what most human beings are able to handle, the exhaust note was super mean on the outside, but actually refined on the inside, the brakes well let me tell you about the brakes:

I step inside the car and introduce myself to Scott. I asked him about the brakes, and if carbon ceramic brakes were worth it for this car (of course i was joking) and he just said: "Well let me show you".

I knew that with all this power to weight ratio I better had a good grip. The bucket seats were supportive, but I made sure I was grabbing the door handle as well. I pushed my left knee towards the center console and my right foot tight against the floor. I could feel all my back pushing against the seat and I was holding my head really, but really tight. And all this preparation was just before the lunch. When he took off I felt the expected 550HP pushing my organs towards the back, but again I was planning to go no where, i told my self that I was not gonna move. The first right turn came and I could feel all the G's trying to throw me to the left side. But then it happen: He pushed hard on the brakes and I saw my brain taking off and bouncing 20 feet in front of the hood. Yes, this monster is so light that brakes that hard, corners like an indy car (according to scott) and only a few in this world will be able to afford it at $375K. But, are the carbon ceramic brakes worth it? YOU BET!!!!!!!!

For those of you that have been at New Jersey Motorsport Park Lightning track; this car takes the last U turn at 101mph and has an exit speed of 110 mph. . Of course this was Scott Pruett in this super car.

Thanks for reading.
Good review. Wow.. U turn at 101 MPH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefcole View Post
And by the way, I agree with some, the GTR can take this car anytime .
lol.. Pfft, LFA? GTR will take this car :speaks in ricer tone:
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote