View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #108 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
Damn this does not bode well for Stillen CBE's if that is indeed the case. First off kudos to semtex and Tony for the in depth analysis, its great how these guys will go to great lengths to show us what the "real" pros and cons are. Semtex are you planning on going with an FI CBE? I hope if you do that you see the gains you were expecting to see though in reality how often are you going to be constantly that high in the power band. Keep it up man.
Per the last two paragraphs of post 96:

Quote:
And that's why I now have the F.I. CBE on order (12" resonators w/ CF mufflers). And of course, I plan to do a before and after dyno just like I did with the LTH so we can have objective data to tell us for sure. It will essentially be a showdown between the Stillen and F.I. CBEs. This is what I expect the results to be: we already know that F.I.'s CBE makes more power over Stillen's, but up until now, the advantage has been somewhat marginal, IMO. Certainly not enough for me to justify the expense of laying out the money for an F.I. exhaust. But the comparison numbers we have (from Tony) to this point between these two CBEs is from a car equipped with stock manifolds and stock cats (I think F.I.'s advantage with everything else stock is only like +1 or 2whp if I remember correctly).

I believe the LTH is the game changer. Once you uncork everything with the LTH, suddenly the difference in gain between the two CBEs becomes magnified. That's the working theory. The dyno results will tell us if we (Tony and I) are correct or not.
Also, my expectation is that the gains with the F.I. CBE vs. Stillen's will be across the board, not just in the top end. But we will find out for sure soon enough.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote