Thread: 1/4 Times
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
LMAO ! i dont think thats a definate answer I bet most people do not use that

my buddy ran a 13.0 @107 last night in his auto

first time ever at the track in his life with street tires second pass 13.0 @ 107

Drag tires are used on almost ALL the 350zs that get good times on that site, and they seem to be so proud of it. All i know is that the 370 times will blow 350zs times away in time. DEs Z's were 14 second cars for atleast a few years before good times started to come out of them and so on...

and in all honestly what percenttage of people do you think actualy post on dragtimes ? maybe 5%? prob even less. People will get the 370s down the track soon, especially with all the chit chat on these forums going on..

but to answer the OP's question.... I do not think its possible to run 13.0 or 12s stock unless conditions are perfect and you dont have stock rubber on there...

thats not your definate answer but my .02.
There is one 350Z that claims 13.1 stock but if you look at the overall, but in 5 pages of results, 13.7 or 13.8 is the vast majority of stock 350Zs. The 13.1, if stock, must have been a factory freak on a cold day, at sea level and slightly down hill. 13.0 on a 370Z is the best stock I've ever heard of so far. Where was it run? Tracks themselves can make a huge difference in times.