View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Ly View Post

Thank you!!! But those harness were really on there! For me, it seemed easier to remove the external assembly so it could separate from their respective holes when I was doing the headunit install. I was afraid to break them too. But it was useful because after the headunit install, I wanted to test the headunit so I just use that little rubber thing with the metal contacts in the start button housing and turned the car to "accessories," with the battery reconnected, of course. I'll keep this in mind next time I have to take those buttons off. The more I learn about the car, the better.
humm.. not sure about yours but on mine i just took a small flat head screw driver to push the tab down while pulling it out from the assembly.

i know it's a little clumsy to see it but there's a tab on the hardness connector and you just put your driver between the connector and assembly where the tab is and gently press down...and it will unlock.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote