View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master_Ly
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport
Master_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Thank you for the thread. I have the same camera and mounted in the exact same location and I love it! There must be bad batch of cameras from the seller because mine is good in day and night.

I usually put some rain-x on the lens and clean it regularly. So during rainy days, there's no water on the lens.

for a great install. It's a great camera with a great price. I know there are other cameras that are better, but they cost atleast 6 times more!

Thank you for sharing.
It looks like you had your cam for a decent time now per time stamp of your thread and if it still working today, that gives some peace of mind to me. Bad batch can happen, unfortunately. Bang for the buck, I'm very pleased with mine as well.

Thank you very much for the tip on the lens maintenance and the screw paint! On the paint, I thought about getting those Testor model paints (I think acrylic) and painting the screws black. It's cheap and they last for a long time and resilient since my buddy used the same stuff on his FD's calipers (red paint).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-370z View Post
Wow im going to order a back up cam for my pioneer unit right now! Thanks for this write up, high quality like always.
No problem. Thank you for checking this out and please let us know your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
nice job.

you know you can remove the harness off the starter button and SRS LED without taking the assy apart...
Thank you!!! But those harness were really on there! For me, it seemed easier to remove the external assembly so it could separate from their respective holes when I was doing the headunit install. I was afraid to break them too. But it was useful because after the headunit install, I wanted to test the headunit so I just use that little rubber thing with the metal contacts in the start button housing and turned the car to "accessories," with the battery reconnected, of course. I'll keep this in mind next time I have to take those buttons off. The more I learn about the car, the better.
Master_Ly is offline   Reply With Quote