View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
gpa7pk
Base Member

Drives: 1959 Triumph TR3A
gpa7pk is on a distinguished road

Drove in the NASA Texas Shootout HPDE this past weekend at TWS. It was a hoot.

My Z has the Berk HFC's, Stillen CBE, Stillen Gen3 CAI's, Modshack DIY oil cooler, H&R V1 10mm fr/15mm r spacers and not the least a Cobb AP tune for the mod's I have. The Z performed great! My rpm range was smooth up to 7K+ and very responsive and smooth through the entire usable range (much better than stock). The main issues I had are with the brakes and body roll. The OEM brake pads are to soft causing tire scrub in the corners. I hope to replace them with Carbotech XP10 fr/XP8 r pads (ordered) and the Relentless Auto free floating rotors (being offered as a group buy on this forum). I have a set of the Stillen Sways that I will install. The Bridgestone R050's are good for street but I think leave a bit to be desired on the track (they really make a lot of tire confetti). I have a second set of sport 19" Rays with the OEM tires and when the budget allows will be going with Nitto 05's.

The order of the cars in the picture, though really neat, did not last very long. The Porsche GT3 and the Corvette prepped Z06 did make me want to check if my car had stopped after they passed. However I did finish the last event with my Z's head held high as the Z06 broke and the GT3 needed to plow some fields.

All in all the Z is a very predictable and responsive car for the track (and street). I'm looking forward to the next track event.

Now if someone can show how to stop missing the 5th to 4th shift winding up going into 2nd. The SRM can wind up the RPM's.

Thanks to the forum sponsors with what they bring to our Z's. A special thanks to AAM Competition for the mos maps they offer. They make all the mods work together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0091.jpg (177.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4184.jpg (200.2 KB, 21 views)
gpa7pk is offline   Reply With Quote