View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Kastley85891
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2003 Wagon
Kastley85891 has a spectacular aura aboutKastley85891 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
have you used the cobb to measure the MAF intake temps now with the short ram intake? Im only 8-10 above ambient with the stock boxes and K&N drop ins. Im sure yours will be a good bit higher now that the filters are exposed. IMO I would have spent money on Modshacks filter covers before the Cobb hoses.
Yes I did and it was acceptable, each his own on mod path I guess, its all trial and error and TBH its what I like to do, Wifes gets a little teasy at the amount of time I spend changing things and tinkering.

Like modshack said you will feel nothing from this mod alone but a number of smaller changes can effect the vehicle quite nicely in some cases and like crap in others, for 100 bucks and another 100 on top, a couple hours in the garage and a sawsall I was happy with result.

Combined with the drop ins I think a viable option for some one, who is concerned about the possible HS.
If you tune the stock air boxes or pay some one to do it you can extract gains from the fueling so good chances for improvement all round

Boosted V8 hunter
2850 lbs and 375WHP
Kastley85891 is offline   Reply With Quote