View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #261 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Look at that view, awesome. Any regrets on getting a timeshare?
No regrets at all. The cheap ones should be avoided, but quality companies have pretty good selections. The one we have gets us a week in Cabo and a week in Tahoe every year, cost was about $10K and everything is 5-star. It can be sold or added into a will as an inheritance. We can also switch between other resorts around the US and Mexico. I get quarterly reports, since I do own real estate, on the viability of the parent company and they are solvent and well-run.

Rooms in the resort in Cabo start at $350/night and go up to $2000/night so I think it's well worth it.

The one we have goes by points, not weeks. That is the best way to own a timeshare. You can purchase as many points as you want, room fee would depend on 1,2,3 BR, ocean view, etc...and of course a Thursday, Friday, Saturday night is many more points than a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday night. What we do is we fly in on a Sunday so we use points for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night but then pay cash for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at drastically reduced rates, then we use points for stuff like the resort spa, or a one-night stay in NYC or something along those lines.

Last edited by 370Zsteve; 04-28-2010 at 05:40 PM.
370Zsteve is offline   Reply With Quote