Thread: Speed Bleeders
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
coaxial
Base Member

Drives: 07-675 Daytona-Red
coaxial is on a distinguished road

The speed bleeders are amazing, I see where you are coming from I would like to use the motive bleeder in conjunction with the speed bleeders.

I have done brake bleeds on brake bleeding griots pump, and that always allows atleast a little air back in the line. Even though the brakes felt amazing they could of been better. Once I put the speed bleeders on you could really see what was left in the line. I dont mind having someone else on the other end watching the fluid color/watching for bubbles.

I like the motive bleeder, I have used that also before, I just like having the check valve on the other end of the line, and for the price they sell at it really does not hurt.

On the Z as far as ABS in concerned is there any particular way to cycle the fluid. I know on my audi you start rear left (which sould be the same) But I believe you are suppose to start the car let it run for a couple of minutes and pump the brakes the evacuate the ABS. I have also heard of people doing hot bleeds where the car is on and the have something holding the brakes down the evac the system. (just make sure you do not run out of fluid...)

What are your preferred methods on the Z?
coaxial is offline   Reply With Quote