View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
pulpz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PG 370Z Sport 6MT
pulpz is on a distinguished road

I've had my ups and downs with car salesmen. And I'm sure customers can be real a-holes.I think many of these complaints hold true for any sales related industry. When it comes down to it, everyone trying to make or save a dollar.

I remember when I delivers pizzas to get through college. There was a big new car dealership (Pontiac/GMC) that I delivered pizzas to every week. The sales guys there were really condescending towards me because they saw me lower on the pecking order than them. I always felt like all the **** they put up with from their customers they offloaded on to me. And they never tipped. Needless to say, I never bought a car from them.

Having said that, I've also had great experiences at certain dealerships. When it comes to negotiating price on a car, I've learned that maybe the showroom is not the best place to do it. I always try to upfront declare my level of commitment to buy and financial position. Once I've decided on a car i prefer to use the internet or telephone. I feel like it defuses a lot of pressure from both sides and ultimately leads to the best deal. Plus, I really hate the negotiation process when the sales person has to go back and forth with the sales manager.

At the end of the day, I'm a very loyal person. And once I found someone that does business in an honest, fair, and quality fashion, I always give them first opportunity for repeat business.

2016 Cayman GTS 6MT / 2017 Q60 Sport / 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD / 2015 Lexus IS 350 AWD F-Sport (Sold) / 2009 PG 370Z Sport 6MT, (Sold) / 2003 SS 350Z Enthusiast 6MT (Sold)
pulpz is offline   Reply With Quote