View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 02:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Car is improved, but only modestly - certainly accelerates more quickly and the note is now audible (I purchased the quietest of the 3 systems available). It is quite harsh when started from cold as the ECU holds the engine on fast-idle at 1400-1500rpm, but is OK as soon as the temps rise. The system seems to have improved fuel economy .. I am a fairly sedate driver on the highway and regularly average 10l/100klm driving from NE outer suburbs (Warrandyte) into the CBD on Eastern Fwy and back each day, and driving back from Ballarat last weekend netted 9.1 l/100K - which I thought was an interesting outcome.

There is a distinct change in exhaust note above 4000rpm all the way up to 7500rpm when the engine "sings" (a better word is it "wails") - reminiscent of a flat-plane crank V8 sports car I drove many years ago (sounds like two 4-cyl engines joined together). Gave the car a blat going thru the Eastlink tunnel on Saturday that brought a smile or two.

Runing the car up thru the gears, the top-end is noticeably improved - due I guess to better top-end breathing - may be further improved with flat-panel (K&N etc) or maybe pod filter , and may do that in due course.

Have not yet scheduled a run over the rollers ... will do so in the next couple of weeks if I get the chance, but life is very, very busy at present (day job from 07:00-19:00 and weekends taken up with race car prep for Vic State Circuit Race Series). Will post a dyno shootout mode graphic if/when I get it done.

I don't own a cam-corder so a video is problematic (and using a digital camera to grab a clip wont really do the sound justice). If anyone is planning on being at Philip Island on 30th May, I will be there to give the car a spanking, so bring your video camera and we may get somehting that can be posted - but it is a few weeks away.

The real test will be at PI when I can open the car right up - too risky these days to do so on the open road given the state of legislation we have to deal with in Vic at present ....

Was it worth it - absolutely .........
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote