View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
PL8MYRIDE.COM
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Black 370Z
PL8MYRIDE.COM is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
After some research and experimentation though the last 10 days, I now have my extractors and hi-flow metallic substrate cats fitted, with a HiTech system behind it.

We experimented with a mild-steel system, but rapidly came to the conclusion the purchasing a specifically manufactured system was the way to go. Looked at modifying an X-Force 350Z system, but again came to the conclusion that the HiTech system gave us the best "fit" - in fact, it bolted straight into place with an absolute minimum of fuss.

Work was done by Tom Harding at Carline Exhaust in Ballarat - he does a lot of custom hod-rod and race car systems and he has done a beautiful job.

Am taking the Z to the MSCA Philip Island sprint on 30 May to give the car a little spanking - it already knows its way around Sandown. I'll be fitting my DL-1 data logger if I can find an ECU wiring diagram between now and then, otherwise I'll onlly be able to log track position (lateral and longitudinal acceleration), speed from the GPS and brake (take a pickup from the brake light circuit). If I can splice into the ECU, I can log 16 digital channels and 8 analogue - but not sure what use these will be on a digital vehicle).

RB
Congrats mate. Do you have any dyno charts or videos yet?

And how's the drive? and the sound?
PL8MYRIDE.COM is offline   Reply With Quote