View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cleaned/polished my exhaust tips and door handles today! (Pictures inside)

I have been planning on doing this for few months now. Due to my busy schedule and inclement weather, I couldn't do it. Today, I was free in the evening and decided to do this. It takes about 1 hours (including cleaning the exhaust tails). It's very easy to do. I dare you to go look at your exhaust tailpipes. It's VERY dirty! Also, our door handles are prone to oxidation so make sure you take care of them. If I remember correctly, my 350Z handles were oxidized/spotted by the time I traded that in. Heck, I already noticed oxidation on the inside of the 370Z door handles today. Also, I live 3 minutes from the ocean/beach. So, air is very salty around here which helps rust, oxidation tremendously.

The product I use isn't the best but it's easy to buy/use. You can buy this from any automotive store. The shine doesn't last long but at least it's better than no protection. If I can remember to do this every month or two, I think I will be able to keep the door handles/tailpipes shiny like new for years!

As usual, I take tons of pictures. Check them out. Let me know if you have any question. I know sometimes my projects are usually pretty small (and lame ) but I like to share it with you guys whatever I do to the Z

BEFORE

Look how dirty the tip is!

The Blue stuff!

I hope TONY doesn't see this!

DURING/AFTER POLISH

CLEANING/POLISHING THE EXHAUST

I'm doing this after 8 months! Therefore you see some spots there. I should've taken care of this earlier

Shiny!

Finally, sunset by the bay!

My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote