View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
370zFORme!!
Premium Member

Drives: 2012 6MT STiffy
370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all
Default Dimples from factory front bumpers

This last week I was inspecting my Z for road debris on the front bumper and such. I was in my garage complex of my apartment and the lighting was/is actually really good. So as I'm inspecting, I notice 4 small dimples on the front bumper just outside where the front plate would attach. If you're facing the car, there are two dimples to the left of the front plate assembly and two to the right. There is no paint missing and it doesn't look like there was an impact.

At first, I thought, they are probably just supposed to be there since they are almost identically centered with where the plate attachment would be. Then my common sense kicks in and I think why would a car come with dimples? I also notice that they are in fact not centered. I will just post pictures instead of trying to explain it.

Long story short, I took it to a very reputable collision shop in Irvine, CA. As soon as they saw it they said they would not touch it because it looks like a manufacturer defect and they want to give the dealer a chance to fix it and me a chance to save some money. Like I said reputable. They also pointed out another type of manufacturer defect just on the lip of my front bumper where the bumper and hood meet.

So, I take it to the dealer, and they were very helpful about it. The service manager and I looked at every Z on the lot and I can sadly say that almost every Z except the 40th Ann. had the same defects my car had. Just letting everyone know that I am submitting warranty paperwork to Nissan to have a complete new PG front bumper without dimples and defects installed. You should prob check your front bumper to make sure you are dimple free. Sorry this was so long. Good luck everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg left dimples 2.jpg (18.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg left dimples 3.jpg (20.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg left dimples.jpg (17.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg right dimples.jpg (25.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Front bumper line 2.jpg (26.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Front bumper line.jpg (26.8 KB, 84 views)
370zFORme!! is offline   Reply With Quote