View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
2fast4thelaw
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport/MT6
2fast4thelaw will become famous soon enough

My methodologies may not be very efficient and you are correct, I have no way of calculating the inside of the car or measuring the refraction of sound from different materials. Much of what I have done is an educated guess and I am no where near exact but I am in the ball park.

The reason I chose to retain and modify passives is becasue I have years of experience playing with them and I enjoy doing it. Most of my experience comes from home audio which follows the same basic designs, but car audio enviornment throws a twist which makes it a challenge I couldnt resist.

As far as software is concered, I didnt like anything I found so I wrote my own software and over the years built upon it. I would be more than happy to share it with you but its not compiled and I dont have a compiler so I can't package it into a neat little installation file.

I have some really old programs that are more basic that were done in excel that are usefull. The crossover calc is only 1st and 2nd order crossovers and its basic but its usefull for building custom passives.