View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmyride View Post
1. Spray the affected area with water and let it sit for 1 minute.
2. Use a new wet Bounce dryer sheet(that you use for your clothes) and gently rub the area. Donot apply pressure.
3. Wipe off with a microfiber towel.

This won't leave a dull surface on the paint. Repeat until the droppings are completely gone.

I always leave a couple extra Bounce dryer sheet in my Z for these types of emergency.
Ooooh, very bad advice.

I have seen this Bounce dryer sheet thing posted on another forum and had to dispel it there too. That dryer sheet will scratch the hell out of your paint. The guy I was explaining it to said that he does it and his paint was flawless. When I asked him to do the flash test, he never posted again.

It never fails. When you make a guy really see his paint for how bad it really is due to bad paint maintenance practices, they usually ball up in the fetal position and cry really hard.