View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodname View Post
S.Drives are not meant for performance.... It's more for daily driving. Hankook V12 is more for performance because of lower thread rating. Also, the Hankooks are known to wear out really fast. A few G37 guys had them for 3000 miles and it's bald already. Most of them will be switching to S.Drives now...lol
I can't really believe that a tire with a 280 treadwear rating wore out after 3000 miles of normal driving, i'm pretty sure there would be a lot more complaints to the manufacturer if that were the case. 3000 miles is time for new oil, not new tires. you sure your friends weren't tracking/burnouts/running crazy camber/improperly aligned/dropped? At least one of those must have been the case for a 280 treadwear tire to wear out that fast.

OP i would go to any online website like tirerack or 1010 tires and just see whats available in the sizes you want in the price range you want. then work from there. if you don't want to pay 300 for a tire, then that isn't going to change regardless of any other factor. if the tire doesn't fit, you aren't going to get it. if no one makes it in your size you aren't going to get it. the performance/treadwear is the only variable you can actually change.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote