View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
The BlueMax
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370/97 T/A 01 ZRX
The BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond reputeThe BlueMax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
the orange GM coolant is called dex-coolant. it has a stopleak additive in it, making not compatible with any motor besides which ones it was designed for. GM sucks at making motors now, as does chrysler and ford, and make motors that have very porous gaskets and seals. the stopleak additive is for sealing the porous gaskets. from my experience, dex-cool or not, gm, chrysler, and ford motors leak like no ones business.

honda has the same blue coolant as nissan. they are interchangable with any normal green coolant or Prime coolant. blue is the coolest color!
You are right about that stuff, I had a water pump go out around 35k, now I drain out a gallon a year switching between Dexcool one year and distilled water the next. If you leave this stuff in for 2 or 3 years it gets crudey.
The BlueMax is offline   Reply With Quote