View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jason
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jason is on a distinguished road

I got mine there and it was my BEST dealer experience.

I sent emails to 10 dealers within 50 miles. Most responses were takers, a few counter-offers, and one no answer. I spoke to the takers over the phone and visited them all. I got the usual bs - some said they had the car and didn't, one sold "my" car as we were negotiating. The one I ended up going with "ordered" the car. Turns out they were just killing time to do a trade. When they found a car, they tried to hit me with a towing fee. I didn't like that fee or the fact that they lied to me.

I extended my range and found John Marazzi Nissan. I dealt with Jason, can't remember his last name. My offer was slightly under invoice and he accepted (I pitched my offer OTD, all fees included). I spoke to him over the phone and made it clear I'd be driving almost 2 hours and explained the crap I went through with the other 10 dealers and he made me feel confident the deal was legit. When I got there and saw the invoice and breakdown, there was a typo and it was about $100 less than what we agreed on the email and they honored it. I inspected the car, sipped some coffee. The deal, literally, took a few minutes. They threw in the splash guards, floor/trunk mats, and illuminated sills at no charge (the price was under invoice for a configuration without these options).

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You probably dealt with the wrong guy. I don't know, but dealer fees are pretty standard - I would've gotten clarification. Good luck finding your car.