View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
fisherg
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z SR M6
fisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond reputefisherg has a reputation beyond repute

I rent 10 cars a year or more in Europe and most are manuals (Fords, VW's, Citroens, Renaults etc..). Most of those clutches are like pushing on a pillow but I would never want that in my "Z". You need to have a clutch that has resistance and you know is there. That said the stock clutch should be relatively free of shudder when engaging on startup. I'm not sure but I think the assembly tolerances required for this car are pretty tight perhaps tighter than can be maintained to ensure consistent jitter free operation from unit to unit. That said nearly all of these cars run fine at delivery and will likely not experience premature wear but its clear that its not perfect.