View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Congrats! I see you also changed the oil ;-)
Was it as easy as I told you it would be?

BTW, buff off the fingerprints & smudges on those chrome intakes :-))
Oh yeah pretty easy, I've changed oil before...on my old Pathfinder. That had a plastic skid plate with only 8 screws, but it was a PITA as you had to reach around a frame cross member and sway bar to access the oil filter, which meant A LOT of clean up afterwards. Much easier on the 370Z, only lower to the ground. As this was the first time I lifted it onto ramps with the help of 2x4's, that took me a little longer. I could have put some 2x4's in front of the ramp and drive up, but I don't have much of an elevated lip at the end of the ramps so I was scared of going off that end and causing some damage (chicken ). But now that I know what to use and how to set up for next time, it'll be quicker.

My floor jack is just a standard one...it's heavy (80+ lbs) but heavy duty, and I have a pinch weld adapter sitting on it. I need the front wheels on 2x4s to be able to get underneath the rocker panel. I also bought an aluminum racing jack (26 lbs) yesterday just in case I needed it. Nice, but not sure if I'll keep it. I suppose if I lower the car with springs or coilovers, I'll likely need the racing jack. From another thread on this forum, I tried supporting the weight of the car with a jack stand and hockey puck too. I was worried the puck might deform badly but surprisingly it worked well.

What I really need is to replace my old rusting metal ramp with one of these 67" XT 2-piece Race Ramps:
67" XT Ramps - Car Ramps | Get your Car Up 10"! | RaceRamps.com your best solution for Lightweight Car Ramps!
That's a lot of coin man!

Oh, those intakes are polished, not chrome. There are a few scratches from the install, but I did wipe them down with rubbing alcohol afterwards to get my grubby fingerprints off of them before they get hot and the imprints are on permanently. I took the picture before they were wiped down. Now stop noticing all the little imperfect details. ;-)

Last edited by djpathfinder; 04-24-2010 at 12:42 PM.
djpathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote