View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMcK23 View Post
When I bought my '07 Z the dealer promised he would put in the best aftermarket navigation possible (after he promised he would install a factory unit into it, which he also said he found out was impossible) into the small storage compartment....when I arrived to pick it up the Avic-N2 was installed, but to my dismay not in the small storage compartment...the dealer told me it was not possible to put in there (probably a lie---but I'm not sure)....the model I had was a touring edition ithad the bluetooth and bose system...and when they installed the new nav they had to disconnect the factory bluetooth and eventually disconnect the bose system because it made a loud buzzing noise everytime you pusshed a button on the touch screen....boy had i wished i just bought an expensive portable nav and never missed with the "best" aftermarket one with all of the extras....so I think you are making the right move by going with the navigon
sounds like they wired your N2 straight into the harness for the audio of the car which is the wrong thing to do. most vehicles that have a "brand name" (ie the Bose system in your altima, or in a Z) have external amps, usually under the front seats or somewhere remote from the head unit (usually a cd changer). whenever you hook in the aftermarket stereo, it's amplified internally and that signal goes to your amps and screws with them. this can be avoided two ways, either bypassing those amps all together and taking them out, or running the sound to the factory amps out of the RCA outputs that are supposed to go to aftermarket amps since that signal is unamplified