View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #52 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Original post has been updated with dyno results. I will paste the update in here for your convenience:

Here are the post-installation results.

HP and TQ:

HP and AFR:

As you can see, I lost peak power (the green line is my baseline, the red line is the new one from this morning). My peak dropped from 322.2whp to 316.8whp.

However, before anyone gets their undies in a knot, take a close look at the graph. I lost power only at the very top starting at around 7300rpm. I either matched or gained everywhere else; there were no losses anywhere else in the powerband. In fact, from 2800-4000rpm, then again from 4600-6700rpm, I gained both power and torque. Also, notice the unit scale of the graph -- even though the lines look pretty close together, it's kinda misleading because of how the graph moves up in such tight increments. In my opinion, this is a positive result. I gained power where it's actually usable. If it's at the expense of a few hp from 7300rpm up, fine with me. I hardly take it all the way to redline anyway, and even when I do it's just for a brief moment before I shift up to the next gear. Indeed, the dyno results confirm what I've been feeling through the seat of my pants (or "in the butt" as Sharif put it to me this morning, lol). I made a point of putting a good 140 miles on before doing the dyno because I wanted to make sure the ECU had a good chance to adapt. I can tell you that after about 40-50 miles, I could feel things open up. The increase in power and torque is something that I can noticeably feel just driving around in the usable rev range. Also keep in mind that as my starting point for this before and after, I already had aftermarket headers and HFCs. So I was already making a good bit of power. If my baseline was stock headers and stock cats, the magnitude of the gains would be far greater.

Regarding the AFR graph, you might notice that it's running a little leaner from 5200rpm on up. That is not a direct result of the LTHs. It is the result of Sharif doing a minor re-tune this morning. You see, my AFR actually got a little richer on its own since my original tune, so I asked Sharif to adjust it back. Specifically, I asked him to adjust it right to the edge of being too lean, figuring that over time, it'll enrichen itself again.

Finally, after all this, I went and did some pulls on a DynoJet, just for the sake of comparison. As you can see, the numbers aren't much different. But by doing two different dynos, I guess one could say that they corroborate one another.

semtex is offline   Reply With Quote