View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #78 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
I don't have the time to read this whole thread this morning (I'll get to it tonight probably). Has anyone mentioned the following?... Car magazines, publications, and TV spots are all forms of advertising for Nissan. They deliberately misled the press by installing non-standard and non-available parts on the test cars. Isn't that false advertising? These parts make the press cars and the market cars two different animals. This is the old "bate and switch" at its best. This goes beyond mechanical problems and into the realm of legal and ethical debate. The fact that they put these parts on press cars is a blatant admission that there is a temperature problem and Nissan had prior knowledge of it and released the car anyway. This could very easily turn in to a class-action suit IMHO.
I agree, their actions are dubious at best. Illegal, no ... but when the press decides to run with it it could look bad for them.