View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkTech View Post
1. Of course!

2. Debatable. We will build & prototype no less than 3 different configurations (true dual, X pipe, conventional Y-pipe). One of them will have the best overall characteristics of sound and where you are trying to improve that power curve (mid range or top end). The perfect exhaust is one that would vary in length and size dynamically with engine speed & load, but that doesn't exist yet. Maybe in 20 years......

3. Yes, I agree with you here. Single muffler systems tend to act like a giant baffled muffler which hurt performance. If designed properly we will be able to use dual mufflers while still maintaining good exhaust tone.

And sorry about the thread hi-jack! We'll start another one later for the soon to come BERK 370Z exhaust.
Definitely keep us posted.

As for point 2... I said that because I'm not a fan of Y-pipes. I am assuming they tend to be the worst in terms of performance.
LiquidZ is offline   Reply With Quote