View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgnomore View Post
Those are more narrow than stock sport pack wheels.The offsets dont compensate enough for that either. It isnt going to look as hot as you think.
True they are more narrow but only by a half inch. You can still use the same 245 front and 275 rear rubber without stretching so.....

Not only that but if you look at a bone stock 370 like mine here you'll notice that the stock sport wheels aren't sitting flush with the fender to begin with. Now I'm going from a stock offset in the rear (I believe it's +30?) to an offset of +25 will have it sitting just about flush with the fender if not back in the stock postion. I actually think it will improve the look over stock.

I know that it may look desirable to get as much meat as you can squeeze into a wheel well but what you gain in grip is countered by added weight and drag. Frankly, I don't think you'll even notice any difference whatsoever from behind the car.

But.. there's only ONE way to find out right?? I know I know.. working on it...

Last edited by KillerBee370; 04-02-2009 at 07:31 PM.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote