View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default SyncroRev Matching vs Traditional Double-Clutching

Hey guys,

I'm a proud new owner of a 6MT with the SyncroRev Matching feature, but I've long been a manual transmission driver. While the new rev matching is amazing and fabulous, I still want to do what's best and 'easiest' on my car the majority of the time. Given that I can double clutch and heel-toe downshift, what is truly the best way to maintain the car's longevity in the drivetrain....using syncrorev matching or the traditional double-clutch?

My thought is that double-clutching is better IF you can do it correctly as syncrorev matching really is just single-clutching with rev matching. However, if one can't rev match correctly (a tough thing to nail on the head every time you downshift), perhaps syncrorev matching is better as you get a smoother downshift and avoid engine-transmission speed variations that arise with poor double-clutching.

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear from some expert/advanced drivers using MTs.

Thanks,

Alex
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote