View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #146 (permalink)
Push370zzz
Track Member

Drives: cars
Push370zzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Wow, you could not be more wrong on everything.
The point of modding is to show respect for your car (a), and to do what you like (b). Now it is your car and I have no matter in telling you what to do, but I would hope buying a 90,000USD car and just doing a muffler delete you would understand how stupid that is.

Also, where are you getting your numbers from? 2,000USD for an exhaust system that gains 10whp? I dropped under 1,000USD and the exhaust has proven gains of 15-20, many are dropping at most 1,500USD and getting equal or slightly better gains. For less money and far more gains than what you seem to claim to. The value of money seems to be wasted on you, why did you spend 90,000USD just to devalue it with a cheap modification? Come back when you have a valid counter point and not just grasping at straws.
The ONLY point of modding is to:
a) Make something more desirable than the stock form. That may be sound, power, gas mileage, whatever.

Some people do it for themselves (like me), others do it to impress others. I don't really care where you fall. I'm with you little buddy, if I mod the Z it's because I want more power, so I will spring for the real exhaust. The $2k exhaust for 10whp I was talking about was (obviously) for the Range. On the Range Rover I just wanted it a little bit louder, not more power because I don't intend on racing it...because it's an SUV...that I drive in the Winter...when there's snow...where hp gains don't really matter. So I could either:

a) Spend 2 grand on an exhaust with minimal if any gains.
b) Spend $100 to have the muffler deleted and get the sound I want.

What to do.