View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:11 AM   #70 (permalink)
chubbs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 370z Auto-Grey
chubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Chubbs,

This scenario is very highly UNLIKELY. The gauge is a mere thermometer in a sophisticated format. Also, an "inaccurate" electrical sensor will PWN nissan NA with countless amounts of class action suits and complaint claims that it will end up costing the automaker a ton of money. These types of errors are very unlikely in today's lawsuit-happy world. It's way safer to have an accurate gauge that goes real hot than an inaccurate gauge that stays in normal operating temp all the time. Cheers.
Hmm - With respect, I'm not sure I can go along with you completely here, TBone. I agree that Nissan would try hard not to actually design something badly, but for example on the 350z Nissan allowed faulty window winder motors to get through their system and into the early cars, it let faulty Bose stereos get through and - biggest of all - it fitted faulty engines to some of its MY06 350z's, so I reckon that a faulty batch of some small electrical component is highly possible. I'm aware that the guage itself wouldn't be the problem!!

My real question is, could anything electrical (eg - faulty sensor) be actually causing the problem. Any experts out there?

'03 Grey >>> '06 Black >>>'10 Silver >>> '16 Grey ^