View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

I actually have the Nismo brake pads, my car came with them and I didn't want to pay for them but at the same time, I couldn't take them off. Also, technically I'm getting ripped off because the price of the vehicle at delivery already charged me for the factory brake pads, am I right? But I don't even get to have them.

I prolly can't ask for the factory brake pads for the sports package now since they built it that way, but I pretty much paid the same invoice sticker price for them as if I bought them after wards. The only difference is if I bought it afterwards, I get to keep the original ones. This sucks, same thing happened to me with my other car, the factory added an OEM CB exhaust upgrade, but I didn't get to keep my stock exhaust system.

Anyways, I don't have anything to compare against, so I guess it works fine. I've only been cruising in my Z, haven't had to do much hard stopping. I've actually only had to feather my brakes most of the time since I drive a manual. Most of the time with the way I've driven my car, the drivetrain slows my car down enough before I need to apply a lot of my brakes. Who knows, maybe when I start driving hard (once I brake in the car) I can let you guys know how good they really are.

Another crappy part about them is I think Nissan voids the warranty of the car if they're used because they're intended for off-road usage. What the hell? Which is why I want my stock brake pads back since I already paid for them. I wonder if I bring this up to the dealer if they'll give me a set. I doubt it.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote