View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #73 (permalink)
Chris@FsP
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2008 350Z TT
Chris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond reputeChris@FsP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
As far as some people saying the ECU does not need time to learn the new mod, they are WRONG. Miles put on the car are an adjustment period as well as multiple runs on the dyno. The ECU cycles constantly and whatever the cycle period it is in terms of miles is the adjustment period. I have done over 100 dyno pulls with the 370Z alone and on over 5 different cars. I have seen the pattern I just explained above formed on all of them.
Tony,
I am assuming that you are seeing these gains after the ecu has recently been reset, correct? I'm sure most people who do major mods to their vehicle, disconnect the battery. At least I hope they do. That being the case, I'm sure you know that after the ecu loses power, it reverts back to a predetermined, SAFE ignition timing strategy. As the engine runs, it slowly adds back in more timing until it is at its max power potential, while still maintaining no knock. The gains you are seeing is just this; the ecu adding in the timing it REMOVED after being reset.
Chris@FsP is offline   Reply With Quote