View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 03:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
cab83_750
Track Member

Drives: 09 NISSAN 370Z
cab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBK - Boy! What did I miss for a year???

I picked-up my car last Friday in the a.m. to test out my new front big brake kit. I have had them for over 300+ miles now.

Some specifications/details I could share now:

6 pistons
each side weight reduction = 13 pounds (26 pounds total for both rt and left sides!!!!!)

My impressions:

1. My utmost impression: WOW!!! I guess I just wasted one year worth of enjoyment without these BBK!!!!

2. As soon as I pulled out of the manufacturer's lot, I could immediately tell the 'night-and-day' difference between my stock and these brakes. Let me attempt to describe:

With the factory brakes, they were more (or too much) of 'powered brakes;' Relative to the foot/pedal pressure, there was way too much 'unproportional' pressure applied to the brake calipers/rotors (possibly the best phrase here is the factory brakes "bites/brakes too little when you initially press on the brake pedal, and subsequently brakes way way too-much-too late"). I can fully understand that with much attention and effort, one can be happy with the factory brakes. However, in my opinion, it was meant for a 'Lexus', not on a sports car. In case you are wondering why I compared it to a Lexus? It is because I drove a Lexus.

With the new BBK, there no longer exists what I perceived as brake-pedal play/lag: when I press on the pedal, I can immediately feel the proportional pressure being applied to the wheels; there is no more 'lag time' between your foot and the car slowing down/stopping!

Going home from Wilwood, my son in his 911, and I in my 370Z took the canyon roads (if you are familiar with the areas: Decker Canyon Rd, Mulholland Road/Kanan Road, etc.), and this is where the BBK stood out. Braking was more confidence-inspiring; safer, quicker, shorter. With the BBK, the car now drives, brakes and performs like what a sports car should I do realize that my pads have not been bedded-in so perhaps I can do a comparo in a few few weeks.

I have hit rainy days, and so far NOT RUST ON MY ROTORS/HATS!!!! I think someone posted an issue with rust on the factory units; perhaps, he should buy these rotors.

Issues? So far none. No squeeks, no rattles, nada.

My son supposedly will be contacting his friends who works at R&T (or Car and Driver). We'll see if we can track this baby soon as I can do a full test.

Disclaimer:
I am not advertising this product to sell. Rather, I am posting my impressions, both pluses and minuses. Hey, I spent some $$ and time; so I might as well post to justify my expenses, right?

Enjoy the photos. Sorry, I dont have side-by-side pictures for better visuals. I will be out of town for 1.5 weeks starting Friday night, so perhaps when I get back, I could provide if you need them. Last picture was stock and it is meant for comparo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hug.jpg (436.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg rotor.jpg (328.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg hand.jpg (435.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg backside.jpg (562.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg slots.jpg (495.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg whole pic.jpg (550.5 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg left front.jpg (795.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg front hats.jpg (533.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg stock.jpg (476.4 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by cab83_750; 04-22-2010 at 04:06 AM.
cab83_750 is offline   Reply With Quote