View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
memorylasts
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Cars...
memorylasts has a spectacular aura aboutmemorylasts has a spectacular aura aboutmemorylasts has a spectacular aura about

yeah, you can gernerally order it and they ask for about 1k here in sd that is what i am doing and sometimes they can pick up what you want that is headed to another deaer to get it sooner, the wait time here in san diego is about 3 months, I also went through USAA, and i didnt go to the usaa dealer, i went to the closest one that knew what the car was, and just not the gizmo's sat down talked numbers and am picking up a PW touring SPT w/o nav for 36k about 600 above invoice, but i wasnt willing to drive to get it 600 below as i have a tade-in and am trying to keep the miles off it. try and find another nissan dealer and see if they will beat it, generally you get a pretty good deal with usaa.

I spent 10 minutes with the salesman and told him more then he thought i knew i basically took charge of the sale at the beginning and we will see how it works out on the end...but regardless of that I approched him as others approched me, that meant that it wasnt his turn to hawk over people, and thus far he has done everything he said he would with weekly updates and answering any questions i have and just being a cool guy, and not trying to be a salesman of the "stealership"

I also had a MkVI GTI on order but they fired the guy i was working with and never told me or transferred my file, to anyone, at the same time i thought about it and i am sick of the check engine lights... soi looked where to go, and i have been looking at the 370z since it hit show room floors driven it a couple times and just thought it would be a good choice to get out of the VAG world and get some fresh air.

EDIT: Make sure you keep a copy of your price from the usaa/zag so if the try and screw you on numbers then you have the paper to start off with agian.

sorry for the long reply hope it helps

Last edited by memorylasts; 04-21-2010 at 04:42 PM.
memorylasts is offline   Reply With Quote