Thread: Fi - diy
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
JB-370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Stage 2 Twin Turbos
JB-370z is on a distinguished road

Sam said that there was a G37 with over 500whp that had stock clutch and it last about 11 months! I think the guy drove his car hard too but not 100% sure on that. I think you are right. I just dont want a clutch that will take away from the enjoyable driving experience the Z currently gives me. I also dont want one Calf muscle bigger than the other

2fast4thelaw: Your right I have a 35gal compressor with every tool I need to get the job done except the time. Weekends I spend with family and I am too lazy to do it my self, I rather pay Sam to do it If I was retired I would be all game but the bottom line is GTM would still do a better job than I could, I could do a better job than FP though

Sam told me there is an option to put the blow off valves under the hood closer to the throttle bodies. I think I am going to have to take him up on that one. I think the blow off valves will be more audiable in that location as well. Also I am going to put the HKS blow off valve on there instead of the tial. How much do you think it would cost to polish two HKS blow off valves? I like the black ones, not a fan of the silver ones but I would love to have them polished to match the pipes. Plan on having polished valve covers one day too.