View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #139 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwebs View Post
Not to get into an argument on the internet, but it really didn't make sense to get a full exhaust system on a car that already has 400hp and weighs 6000lbs, where a 20 HP gain means almost nothing. It sounded really good how it was, and I just wanted it louder...so that's what I did. I didn't even know you could rice out a $90k car. On the Z, however, if I mod it it's because I want it to be faster...so I will spring for a real exhaust mod. Money is obviously not an issue for me, but value is. $100 to get the sound I want, versus $2000 for the same sound and maybe 10whp? Maybe one day you will learn a little bit about the value of the dollar, but until then the only real poser is you buddy....
Wow, you could not be more wrong on everything.
The point of modding is to show respect for your car (a), and to do what you like (b). Now it is your car and I have no matter in telling you what to do, but I would hope buying a 90,000USD car and just doing a muffler delete you would understand how stupid that is.

Also, where are you getting your numbers from? 2,000USD for an exhaust system that gains 10whp? I dropped under 1,000USD and the exhaust has proven gains of 15-20, many are dropping at most 1,500USD and getting equal or slightly better gains. For less money and far more gains than what you seem to claim to. The value of money seems to be wasted on you, why did you spend 90,000USD just to devalue it with a cheap modification? Come back when you have a valid counter point and not just grasping at straws.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote