View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #138 (permalink)
Push370zzz
Track Member

Drives: cars
Push370zzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
No, I'd call you a poser. But it's the same basic concept as a ricer. This mod is all show, no go, that's what's wrong with it. It's about making your car sound more powerful without actually being more powerful. I could be wrong, but nobody has done a before/after dyno to test for gains. But that's no surprise, because posers don't care about real gains, right? So why would a poser go through the trouble of doing dyno testing? Anyway, like I said, I'm just expressing my personal opinion. We can agree to disagree. If this "mod" floats your boat, more power to you. Maybe for your next mod, you can fake having a six-pack like this guy:
Not to get into an argument on the internet, but it really didn't make sense to get a full exhaust system on a car that already has 400hp and weighs 6000lbs, where a 20 HP gain means almost nothing. It sounded really good how it was, and I just wanted it louder...so that's what I did. I didn't even know you could rice out a $90k car. On the Z, however, if I mod it it's because I want it to be faster...so I will spring for a real exhaust mod. Money is obviously not an issue for me, but value is. $100 to get the sound I want, versus $2000 for the same sound and maybe 10whp?

Last edited by Push370zzz; 04-22-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Push370zzz is offline   Reply With Quote