View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
you guys and your K&N filter mafia!

I see it this way. The G3's are long tubes with a couple of bends. That increases resistance to air flow as one other member with a knowledge of fluid dynamics stated in another thread. But what the G3 does have are two rather large filters to gulp in the air compared to the stock air filters. I'll stick with the shorter factory CAI with K&N drop ins. If I do a mod it will be a ram air like Mod Shack's - increase the delta P i.e. high pressure on intake inlet and low pressure (vacuum) in the cylinder (downstroke on intake cycle) = more air to burn more fuel = more HP. And if I really want gobs more air, I'll install larger diameter TB's. Hmm, then I would need to polish/port heads and ............... Nope. Drop ins are fine for my driving needs.
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote