View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlenz View Post
I have asked this question and never got a straight answer...does anyone know what is the actual cause of this hiss noise? I have the FI CBE + FI test pipes and the hiss is pretty loud already, I imagine with the LTH its even louder. Its a tradeoff for the killer exhaust note but if I had a choice I would eliminate the hiss.
The hiss is almost the same with the headers as the test pipes. The one trade off is the headers promote less drone inside the cabin because they promote a higher exhaust note. The exhaust will not be as deep and bassy. Some may like it and some may not!

As far as what causes the hiss, I do not have a definitive answer so i do not want to speculate. Obviously the sound is promoted by aftermarket exhaust components because the tubing wall is thinner and the sound escapes easier.

Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote