View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
shadow2k
Base Member

Drives: 09 PG 370z 6MT
shadow2k is on a distinguished road

I used the Amex deal to get mine back in July. I was not asked to show my Amex card, but did use it for the deposit for the cash back bonus. They would have allowed me to put up to $2000 on the Amex had I wanted to.

I believe the deal was $100 over invoice at the time. Oddly enough, the pricing on the deal went UP after a couple weeks when I was ready to pick up the car, but I had already locked in my price. I know others were getting it at invoice when I bought, but I couldn't be bothered to negotiate another $100 off, I prefer to simply set a price and be done with it. The dealer treated me well, even letting me take the car on an extended test drive while I waited to close on my house before buying the car.

FYI, I did not use one of the "preferred dealers" listed. I went to a dealer down the street and showed them the printout. At first they balked, but after talking with the Sales Manager, he simply had me pull up the website on his computer and said he'd match that price. They ordered in the car from another dealer, and that was that.
shadow2k is offline   Reply With Quote