View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
i understand the sentiment held towards those who turn off VDC and have no experience and crash. My question is does everyone who feels this is really dumb also think that any rwd car made before traction control was implemented is somehow a dangerous car that you need to be a professional to drive? or is it just b/c the newer cars like the Z have more power that makes them harder to control without VDC for the inexperienced driver.
Personally, I learned to drive way before traction control, stability control, even ABS, were commonly available on cars. So I don't think it's dumb to turn off VDC. Rather, not learning basic car control and vehicle dynamics is what's dumb. But I think that says more about the sad state of driver education in this country than anything else. Truth be told, it's a bit of a double-edged sword. On one hand, if one is a relatively new driver and doesn't have experience with controlling powerful rwd cars, then one should probably leave VDC on. But on the other hand, if one doesn't turn it off from time to time, how is one to learn from the experience of having to apply opposite lock to tuck the tail back in, etc.? The best way to learn how to do something is by doing it, right?
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote