View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
VCuomo
Track Member

Drives: BMW 335i Sport
VCuomo will become famous soon enoughVCuomo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd77 View Post
This is the one thing that has me on the fence about getting a Z. I understand and expect after you've had a car for a few years it will accumulate dings and scratches on the front end and hood but according to a lot of folks on here it seems to happen early and often with the Z. I can deal with the scratches and dings but if it becomes excessive which seems like it might be the case on this car, it will drive me nuts. I want to try and find a few used '09s and examine the front end before I decide.
Oh, please - what BS. If your car is getting "scratches and dings" the odds are you're the one at fault. It's a fact that low-to-the-ground cars get more rock chips on the nose, hood, and windshield because they are low to the ground. And it doesn't take "a few years" for it to happen. My RX7 got rock chips, and both of my Corvettes do - and there's nothing that is/was wrong with their paint jobs, just as there's nothing wrong with my Z's paint job (which, BTW, doesn't have rock chips in the paint after a year of being a daily driver because I put a clear bra on it).

If you're really that concerned about it, have a clear bra installed. Or buy the car, park it in a secure garage, and never drive it.

Last edited by VCuomo; 04-18-2010 at 03:00 PM.
VCuomo is offline   Reply With Quote