View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #189 (permalink)
JB-370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Stage 2 Twin Turbos
JB-370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
Wow... reminds me of a dispute I had with a vendor that blew up my engine... I didn't air it publicly due to a legal claim, but I really wanted to! In the time since, I've moved on and pretty much forgiven them - **** happens! And I'm actually glad I didn't make a big deal about it

Looking at the "damages" the OP lists - a fourth of them were things that didn't happen fast enough but eventually got resolved... half of them are nit-picks that would probably have been overlooked by the OP if there weren't so many... yes, I realize it is a long list but crap the car was being worked on in a busy shop for 7 months... and that leaves a couple real mistakes... from what I can tell, Forged has offered / is offering to step up. Does the OP deserve to be PO'd - you're damn right. But it's time to move on.

My experience with GTM is that they are emotional and vindictive... sorry Sam, but it's pretty evident from your exchanges with other vendors. And passing one of your dealers an over-billed invoice to "fix" their work is unprofessional. You could have helped the OP work this out without the ambulance chasing. I bet your other dealers are watching this carefully.

I'm sure Forged has learned an important lesson and as has been said by others, they will be stronger b/c of it. I'm going to continue working with them.
Yeah but at what cost??? Common dude, its ok to take sides based on personal opinions but lets not try to act like nothing happened here. Why would op want the shop that destroyed his car and thought it was fine to "fix" it??? Do you think they would be capable of fixing it at this point, or would they do half @ss job on it like they did everything else trying to save a buck. Sam spared no expense to make the car “right” the way it was supposed to be from the get-go! Its in Sam’s best interest to help out the consumer since we are the ones that drive this market not the dealers of other companies products.